Recently a bought a new Nokia N70 Music Edition Smart phone. Thanx to my dad and mom ;) I crashed it's OS after 2 days of it's purchase and had to reformat my phone lolz :) Thought to write a review on it.
Check out the best smart phone Nokia has launched:
The Nokia N70 Music Edition is just a slightly modified N70. All black housing, bundled 1 GB RS MMC card, a “music” key instead of the “multimedia key,” and extra themes loaded in the card. Nokia N70 is a mobile phone, which was engineered as an instrument for both work and fun. It offers an excellent phonebook, good organizer functions, and active cooperation with PC. It gets you on the web, downloads emails, views documents in Microsoft Office or PDF format, and connects you to the 3G network. A gud headphones with music keys comes equipped with the phone, so that you can enjoy best of music. It is all about compromising though, for small display and keypad are always just a substitute. They can never offer the comfort provided by the bigger devices.
As for the fun part, the users of Symbian smartphones do not need to make compromises. Nokia is equipped with a very good camera. It has an advanced video application, plays MP3 files and features a built-in radio. The game offer is also quite extensive. What could be considered a disadvantage is the fact that N70 does not offer a standard use of games for the N-Gage game console. I tried two demo versions, but they refused to even start. According to various discussion forums on the net, most users experience the same difficulties.
I installed many applications to improve the usability and add fun to my N70. Every application worked like a charm on the Symbian S60 2nd Edition OS ( i.e. OS of N70 ) , except one which crashed my phone. I was then forced to hard format my phone but thanx to the PC suite utility that comes bundled with N70, everything was back in place just in few minutes.
The last benefit of using an N70 instead of a flashier phone: less chance of being stolen, and less hassle if lost. I hope!
Key Kool Features :
- Attractive design
- High-quality construction
- Good keypad
- Symbian OS 2nd Edition
- Active stand-by mode
- Enough memory space ( 1Gb Memory Card Included )
- Dedicated music key
- 2 megapixel and up to 20x digital zoom + 0.3 MP Camera
- Create sideshows complete with music
- Send and receive emails and attachments
- 3G support and video calls
- Built-in radio
- Dedicated shutter key and camera activation slide
- Settings for night, brightness adjustment, image quality, self-timer, white balance settings, and color tones
- Flash modes: on, off, automatic, anti red-eyeMusic player: MP3, AAC, RealAudio and other formats
- Music player: MP3, AAC, RealAudio and other formats
- Downloadable Java & Symbian applications
- Voice Features: voice dialing, voice commands, voice recorder
- Advanced contacts database with support for multiple phone and email details per entry, also supports thumbnail pictures and groups
- Talktime: up to 3.5 hours
- Battery standby: up to 11 days
- Lower speed in comparison to common mobile phones
- Red button closes applications
- Bad-quality macro mode
- No infrared port
- Many old cons have been left unsolved
- Small keys ( Main problem with all N series phones !!! )
- No repeat alarm reminder