RapidShare is a leading file storage hosting service, which they claim themself as world’s biggest and fastest 1-click file-hoster. It’s undeniably that there are a lot of files, from audio to video, that’s available on RapidShare, sharing with the whole world. However, if you want to download the files without paying to upgrade to Premium-account (as a free user), you will have to face some limitations.
RapidShare has a download limit of 30 MB per hour for free user. Beside, free users can only parallelly download 1 file at a time, and subject to countdown (waiting) time delay before download start. And if you’re behind a proxy (or transparent proxy, which most ADSL users going through without notice) of an ISP, you most likely share the same IP address with other users. This may (and most likely) cause you unable to download anything from RapidShare because RapidShare limit 30 MB per hour for each free user, based on their IP address!
Ways to bypass free user restrictions :
Rapidshare traces the users IP address to limit each user to a certain amount of downloading per day. To get around this, you need to show the rapidshare server a different IP address.
Here are some methods for doing this ( Rapid Share might block some methods in meantime, so try other methods listed) :
- 1. Goto the page you want to download
2. Select FREE button
4. Click OK
5. Click OK to the pop-up box
6. Enter the captcha
7. Download Your File
2. Request a new IP address from your ISP server.
- Here's how to do it in windows:
1. Click Start
2. Click run
3. In the run box type cmd.exe and click OK
4. When the command prompt opens type the following. ENTER after each new line.
5. Erase your cookies in whatever browser you are using.
6. Try the rapidshare download again.
Frequently you will be assigned a new IP address when this happens. Sometime you will, sometimes you will not. If you are on a fixed IP address, this method will not work. To be honest, I do not know how to do this in linux/unix/etc. If this works for you, you may want to save the above commands into a batch file, and just run it when you need it.
- 1. Download and install Firefox if you have not already
2. Download and install SwitchProxy
3. Google for free proxies
4. When you hit your download limit, clean your cookies and change your proxy
- Running your system through the tor network should in theory work; however, it is difficult to use and setup. Plus, you allow others to run their evil deeds through your system as well by using this system. Anonymizer 2005 is inexpensive, easy to use, but not free. Other pay services would likely work as well.
5. You can use a bookmarklet to stop your wait times:
- 1. Open IE
4. Select Yes to the warning that the bookmark may be unsafe.
5. Name it "RapidShare No Wait"
6. Click on the Links folder (if you want to display it in your IE toolbar)
7. Click OK
8. You may need to close and reopen IE to see it
9. Goto rapidshare and click the bookmarklet when you are forced to wait
If you have any more ways or tweaks or tools to bypass rapidshare restrictions, kindly share it by commenting.