330Mbps Broadband is on the Way



What happened? 

BT has named eight locations for trials of its 330M bps fiber-to-the-home broadband. The service will only be rolled out if customers are willing to pay the full installation costs. BT won't be selling the service direct at the moment, but will instead offer it to other ISPs to then resell to the public.

The announcement came as The Country Land & Business Association warned that the government is set to miss its target to get 90 per cent of the UK on broadband of at least 24M bps by 2015, with the remaining 10 per cent on at least 2M bps.

How will it affect you? 

If you're lucky enough to live in High Wycombe, Bristol South, Watford, Cardiff, Basingstoke, Manchester Central, St Agnes in Cornwall, or Waverley in Edinburgh, you could have ridiculously fast broadband. It's hard to imagine exactly what to do with 330M bps, but we're sure you'll think of something. On the f lip side, many people will continue to suffer speeds below 2M bps.

What do we think? 

These two announcements highlight the continuing digital divide in the UK, which is sure to widen unless the government overcomes the bureaucracy that blocks broadband improvements. Private firms such as BT are looking after mega-fast speeds, so the government should focus on bringing better connections to the rest of the UK, especially rural areas. In many ways, meeting the 2M bps goal is much more important than the 24M bps target.




Get Tech Updates via eMail :

1 comments:

  1. postingan yang bagus tentang"330Mbps Broadband is on the Way"

    ReplyDelete

 

About Tech Guru

TechQuark
TechGuru is a leading technology site, dedicated to software, gadgets, tech news and reviews. The site offers articles, tutorials and how-to guides on all things related to personal technology, desktop applications, productive online tools, social networking sites, windows, office etc.

Founded in 2007, TechGuru features audience who have the passion for Software and Technology and seeks to promote awareness about the internet and computing.

Get News on the Go

Mobile TechQuarkTech Guru is a mobile-friendly website. Simply bookmark m.techquark.com in your mobile browser for free access anytime, anywhere.

Contact Us / Send a Tip

Use Contact Form, if you have Comments, Problems, Suggestions, Praise, Complains about the site. Your suggestions and articles are valuable to us.

Share & Save





Copyright © 2007-2014 Tech Guru - All rights reserved. No part of this blog be republished or written without prior permission of the author


Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Contact | Advertise With Us


Designed and Maintained by Shubham Gupta