wrote many articles about this great device, but like all good things end, this blog post would be my last post on Dell Venue 8 Pro. It has been almost three months that DV8P has been my constant companion in my endeavours and excursions. From a holiday trip to the majestic Coorg to a Business meeting in the capital city Delhi, DV8P has crossed states along with me and making me discover its various features and hidden talents. This post is neither a verdict nor a conclusion to DV8P’s baggage of small things, but one thing is for sure, this has been the best Windows 8.1 tablet I have tested so far.
I am listing down some of my observations for the slate which I would like to highlight; they are not in any order of preference.
- Like other tablets it uses resolution panel of 1280x800.
- The IPS screen is quite bright and gives great viewing angles.
- Touch is quite responsive with as many as 10 simultaneous touch points.
- 2GB memory and Intel Atom Chip is present. The device e is powered by Atom Z3740D while a quad core chip is present which clocks at 1.33Ghz along with a turbo boost of 1.83Ghz
- Design wise, Dell’s design is best as compared to other tabs, especially when it is compared in context of weight, size, feel and curves.
- For me, the battery was worthwhile as it stood up to Dell’s promise of 8 hours in single charge.
- Dell Venue 8 Pro comes bundled with Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013. The apps run pretty well on the device while editing Word documents is also easy.
- There is neither a Windows button on the front face nor a capacitive touch, but a physical button on the top side of the device is present like in Amazon Kindle.
- There is a single speakers, ok enough to watch few videos but not meant for loud music. So to watch movies and stuff it is better if one uses headphones.
- A single micro USB port is provided to connect other devices or to charge a laptop, a small 10W charger is provided with the device.
- Two cameras are available for videos, selfies as well as for clicking regular pictures. There is a 5 megapixel camera at the back and a rear camera 1.2 on the front.
- The connectivity is really good with all the available connectivity options.
When compared to few years back, we can now get a tablet for 25 percent lesser price and a lighter and thinner Windows tablet. Based on what I have experience so far in these three months, Dell Venue 8 Pro is the tablet for everyone, be it a gamer, explorer or even a software engineer. Thinking to buy a tablet and confused with various choices? Go for Dell Venue 8 Pro and you won’t go wrong.