Andy Benatti, Link-Union’s founder had the same thought, he is a traveller and has to keep a continuous check over his place. He tried a number of webcams but every other had some catch which would make him disconnected from his home, so he developed a solution to it. Andy Benatti designed his own version of webcam, The link-U Hybrid SmartCam. Let us see what makes the Andy’s Webcam different from what is available.
The Hybrid camera has two power sources, so if given a case when you are unable to connect to Wi-Fi or any cellular network , a standard plug adapter and the 8 hour battery backup will still make you connected to home. You will be easily able to monitor via Android and iOS apps.
Click on Images to Enlarge
link-U also comes with Bluetooth connectivity; this will allow you other devices to connect to the camera. There are numerous other features few of them I am listing below.
- The video quality is pretty amazing with up to 1920x 1080 full HD display with 130 degree wide and lens. This configuration provides crisp and high quality video output.
- You can also get alerts based on present events and these are under your control to take action.
- You can also access past events to monitor what has happened. The past events are stored in the Webcam memory
- You can also see the “Live “ situation via your apps and monitor the activity by listening to the conversation. Interaction is also an possible due to audio output.
- A variety of Home devices can be controlled while you are at home, like, temperature adjustment, door detection, fire alarms, etc and this is possible via internal BT 4.0 LE.
If you like the concept, you can help them raise funds for the same on Indiegogo, so that they can bring this awesome innovative product to life.