When trying to delete folder, you may get the error message: “Cannot Delete foldername: The directory is not empty”. This becomes quite irritating and even software like "unlocker" won't help.
Follow these steps to solve this problem.
- Go to START–> RUN. In the OPEN: line type CHKDSK /F
- Most likely you will get a message like the following:
- Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)
- Type Y for yes and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Restart your computer, and the scan will run. Afterward you should be able to delete the folder you wanted to delete because CHKDSK has fixed the errors preventing it.