Nowadays, servers consumes too much power. To fight against such power loss Via intoduces a new hardware. It brings out a network storage design which is a low-power 2U rackmount server, the NSR7800.
- It is based off the C7 processor
- Built to handle up to eight internal hard drives
- All such hard drives will be served through the Via platform
- It includes dual gigabit LAN
- Very low power consumption Via offers helps to tackle an increasingly difficult problem in server environments: power demands and heat.
- Pioneer of low-power computing
- It have an edge over Intel and AMD in their newer Nano CPUs.
- Starting with a small and medium sized businesses is somewhat easier.
- It will have to overcome in getting their hardware into the data center in the first place.
- Also its enterprise environments and servers are not normally Via territory.