In the words of Helmut Tschemernjak, CEO of HELIOS Software GmbH ,“Virtualized servers offer huge advantages including reduced IT costs, isolation of services and energy savings. Customers can deploy a full-featured, high performance and secure file server on any major VM environment within minutes. No special knowledge of the underlying operating system is required.”
Including a highly optimized runtime, it also includes a dedicated configuration assistant which easily, without any software installations, integrates with any network environment available and that also within minutes
Given in the list of features of the HELIOS Virtual Server Appliance provides:
- Mac file server with AFP 3.3, Bonjour TCP printing, Time Machine backups, Spotlight searches
- Windows file server with SMB/CIFS file and print services, Spotlight searches
- Web file server with list and gallery views, zoomable image and document previews, performance optimized file up- and downloads, Spotlight searches
- Authentication server with LDAP, AD/PDC and NIS integration support
- DHCP main and backup server for fast and easy-to-use client connections
- Remote administration from any Mac, Windows, or UNIX clients
- Integrated Logical Volume Manager supports:
- Multiple disks per volume
- Multiple file system snapshots for backups
- On-the-fly volume resizing without service downtime
- Easy server & storage setup via HELIOS Configuration Assistant
Smart Ideas for Better NetworkingHELIOS provide solution for various businesses its UB2 Unbreakable Server Solution
HELIOS UB2 Unbreakable Server Solutions deliver mission critical server solutions to enterprise, government, university, and prepress sites. WebShare, EtherShare, and PCShare provide integrated cross-platform networking for Mac, Windows and Web clients, with advanced file and print server features, and easy remote server administration.
Efficient and advanced design and printing capabilities are provided by HELIOS ImageServer, PDF HandShake and PrintPreview
Apple Mac OS X, IBM AIX, Linux, Oracle Solaris, and Windows systems are some of the powerful servers in which HELIOS’ products run seamlessly. They aslo provide cross platform support for Windows, Mac, Web and Unix based clients.
HELIOS products are sold worldwide to companies which provide networking solutions to their customers. It also works with numerous considered partners that use HELIOS server to deliver powerful third-party records, asset management and workflow solutions.