I know most of the Indians use BSNL limited Broadband Internet and due to the excess downloads their download limit exceeds, resulting in a huge bill.
So here is a trick that you would seriously love. This will actually schedule your downloads during your unlimited download period and hence a huge save on bills. You just need to install a software and keep your PC in standby mode and go to SLEEP !
1. Download "Broadband Helper Utility" and install the software.
2. Navigate to "C:\Program Files\Broadband" folder and run Autoconfig.exe and click on Start button. You will meet a window like this :
3. Click on save button ( This will save the script as test.script in the same folder ).
4. Rename the file test.script to Broadband.script ( Delete old Broadband.script file ).
5. Run Broadband.exe ( It will pop up in system tray ).
6. Goto the modem tab.
7. Click on Test button ( after a few seconds you will meet DONE/FAIL )
8. If you see DONE then, just configure the times at which you want reboots (don't forgot to check "use modem reboot service").
9. Schedule a reboot after two minutes and notice the result.
10. Check the log file after reboot.
Configuration for the software :
Under NIC Tab.
- Enable NIC at 02:010
- Disable NIC at 07:50
- Use NIC Enable/Disable service.
- Reboots at 02:03, 02:10, 02:15, 07:55... ( Set by default, you can add your own timings )
- Use Modem Reboot service.
- Sound on....
- Use connectivity service....
- Shutdown during 07:00-07:55 (checked)
- Launch uTorrent at 02:16.